Stop Motion Film En Français Contest
Stop Motion Animation: Create your own movie and you could win!
Create your own short French film using stop motion animation to win a $100 gift card.
Toys, fruits and vegetables, utensils … everything can come to life with the frame by frame animation technique! To tell a thrilling story, all it takes is a little imagination, a tablet or a phone, and an easy-to-use app like the NFB’s Stop Mo Studio.
Participants are asked to create a short video (film) using the stop motion technique, about a theme of their choice, the only requirement is that it has to be in French. The film can be created and edited with an App like the NFB’s “StopMo”. Videos need to be uploaded to an online platform like YouTube or Google Drive and participants need to share the link to access the submission.
- Create a short film, between 30 and 60 seconds. The film has to be in French. Whether it has spoken or written dialogue, the story has to be told in French.
- To create your film you can use the StopMo app (Available on iOS and Android), available to download for free until August 31st.
If you do not have access to that app, you can also use:
- PicpacStop Motion & Time Lapse
- Life Lapse Stop Motion Maker
- To help you navigate the app and understand the basics of creating a stop motion film you can watch the CPF – National Film Board of Canada Workshop. Should you have any technical or specific questions, you can also reach out to Brian Sellors (email@example.com).
- To submit an entry, fill out the registration form where you need to include the link to your video (by copying and pasting it). Link to registration form.
- There are 3 categories for ages:
- 9 to 15
- 15 to 19
- 20 and older
- Prizes include $100 Amazon gift cards.
- Contest is open until Monday August 31, 2020. Winners will be announced on Tuesday September 8, 2020.