There are many reasons for joining CPF, the most important being to ensure that FSL education in Canada is all that it can be for your child and for all children in Canada. We appreciate all that our members have done for us, and want to return the favour by offering tools, help, and exclusive members-only resources and events as a way of thanks for joining our family. Check out our benefits flyer and all that CPF has to offer you and your family – besides membership in a strong community of parents and advocates across the country, that is.
Members-Only Tools and Guides
Upon registering with CPF as a member, new members receive a digital copy of Helping Your Child Become Bilingual: A Toolkit for CPF Members, a helpful booklet containing nine informative sections on everything from program breakdowns to how to help support your child’s academic journey.
Members also receive exclusive access to the following:
In some jurisdictions, CPF membership is a prerequisite to participating in many of CPF’s youth programs like Concours d’art oratoire, summer camps, and more. For more information on why joining your local CPF community could benefit you and your family, contact your local branch.
Peer Tutoring Literacy Program for French Immersion Schools: A Parent-Teacher Collaborative Approach – This school-based initiative is designed to foster literacy in French immersion. Intended for almost independent Grades 2 and 3 readers, with no major learning difficulties, who would benefit from extra reading support. Program delivery by teachers, parents and older students.
Easy Access to CPF Publications
Each CPF member receives a personal subscription to CPF Magazine and to the newsletter(s) representing local branches and/or chapters. Keep up to date with CPF events and activities across Canada by joining our national family of supporters.
Many additional CPF publications, including pamphlets, posters, videos, and more, are available to CPF members at discounted rates or, in some cases, free of charge; your membership fee can go a long way to saving you money in the end!
Networking and Advocacy
CPF members have opportunities to network locally, provincially and nationally with others who share their interests through community meetings, skill-building workshops, training sessions for volunteers and parents, and more. Your membership gives CPF a stronger voice to advocate for access to quality FSL education with ministers and administrators at the national and provincial/territorial levels and with school boards in your community.
CPF Member Savings
Shop and Support CPF!
- FundScrip – Help us raise money and join our gift card fundraiser!
- FlipGive – Make everyday purchases from stores you already shop at and a percentage of your purchase will go to CPF National!
Books, games and more!
- Le Myosotis – Le Myosotis, makers of the first FSL dictionary entirely developed in Canada, is offering CPF members a 15% discount! Visit the website to take advantage of this offer!
- Bayard Canada – 10% off on French magazines published in QC for our members: Visit the website to take advantage of this offer!
- Firefly Books – publishes and/or distributes hundreds of French-language calendars and children’s books. Offering CPF members the following terms per “ship to” address: 25 assorted books = 40% discount off retail price. Additional charges for shipping & GST.For more information, please contact:Parisa Michailidis, Special Markets Manager
Toll Free Telephone: 800-387-6192
- WatermelonWorks – French Sounds! Phonemic Awareness and phonological decoding games – Check out www.watermelon-works.com for fun French learning tools. Use code CPF2018 at check out and a portion of the proceeds will go back to CPF National.For more information contact Jenny Gray: email@example.com
109 Wellington St. N.
Woodstock, ON N4S 6R2
Travel and Hotel Discounts!
- Get a 10% discount on hotel stays at hotels operated by the Westmount Hospitality Group. Follow the link, choose a location and then fill in the reservation. A Canadian Parents for French 10% discount will be applied to the rate. When booking this rate via telephone, website or in person refer to Canadian Parents for French as the booking code.