Canadian Parents for French, National is looking for a
Virtual Projects Coordinator (E-Learning Content Specialist)
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Combination in office, Ottawa, ON and working remotely
Why We Want You:
You are passionate about learning and even more so about creating learning experiences for others in a variety of ways but especially on-line. You get your energy from visualizing and developing learning material in an engaging yet practical way, using state of the art technology. You are always on top of the latest and greatest learning tools and you thrive in a fast past environment.
The CPF Network Virtual Projects Coordinator is responsible, through planning, communications, creative content, presentation delivery, for coordinating the national conference online program and registration, the online youth tutoring support project and supporting the development of other member and volunteer learning opportunities, events and resources for the CPF Ottawa / Gatineau Chapter.
Imagine, direct involvement in online content and innovative products creation, in a variety of digital formats including interactive components and formatting of content into web and eLearning (Moodle) platforms; producing and editing audio/video content and multimedia products used for both adult learning, member recruitment and new volunteer orientation; conducting market research and producing promotional materials and analyzing data as it pertains to our awareness campaigns.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? Then come work with us!
This is one full-time, 1-year contract position with annual opportunities for renewal. Hours will be Monday to Friday, typically 8:30 to 4:30 with flexibility in terms of start and finish times. There will be some evening and weekend work involved in this position. In addition to a starting salary between 54,000 – 65,000 per year (commensurate with experience and qualifications), you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, eligibility for 3-weeks’ vacation after the completion of a three-month probationary period.
Sound Interesting? Apply Today!: Submit a cover letter and your resume by the closing date for our initial screening of candidates. Your letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the experience qualifications.
Job Title Responsibilities
- Work with technical experts and graphic production designers to create learning products in multiple formats, deliver experiences for members, volunteers, general public and other audiences and produce promotional materials.
- This includes virtual conference program, e-learning courses/tutorials, webinars, user guides, web-based resources, quick reference guides, handbooks, digital marketing and printable document formats and other learning and support materials, as needed, with an emphasis on embedding best practices for evidence-based education delivery and accessibility requirements.
- Work with communications team/partners/vendors to track projects, outline requirements and costs while prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines. Report on awareness, communication and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research to analyze client (members, volunteers, general public) behavior such as trends, preferences and purchasing habits and suggest creative ways to increase brand awareness.
- Assist in the organization of promotional activities for new products/services and in efforts to improve process efficiency and enhance quality/effectiveness, contributing to continuous improvement.
- Assist with ongoing web and mobile application improvements as well as end-user testing, providing web analytics and system administration support to websites and online learners as required.
You are enthusiastic, flexible and capable of working independently and in a team setting, and can demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and can work well under pressure. You possess solid computer skills (including MS Office, web analytics and Google Adwords, Content Management System software), analytical and problem solving abilities, organizational and time management skills as well as sound judgment. You support a workplace that embraces diversity that encourages teamwork.
College diploma with specialization in content development and delivery of e-learning and web-based events and resources; video, film or digital media production or a combination of education and three years relevant experience for the work performed.
Although bilingualism (English and French) is not required for this position, it is considered an asset. CPF is an organization that promotes the learning and use of French for all Canadians.
- communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- work independently without supervision, and also with a team in a wide range of settings with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- demonstrate a client/ member driven orientation, strategic and analytical thinking.
- work in a changing environment, learning and adapting as neede
- Adult learning principles and their application in learning and development.
- Multimedia and eLearning products and eLearning industry trends as well as traditional and digital marketing tools.
Three (3) Years Relevant Experience in:
- developing multimedia products and delivery of e-learning and web-based resources, evaluating training and/or learning products.
- conceptualizing, production and delivery of video and audio content using a variety of platforms.
- superior writing and editing skills to accurately communicate the various initiatives in a way that resonates with a range of stakeholders.
- developing scripts, storyboards, graphic design elements and video production with user experience and client engagement principles.
- successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously and deal with changing priorities.
- Working with learning management systems such as Moodle and eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline.
- Working with Adobe Creative Cloud Suites (Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition), editing software such as Final Cut Pro and with front-end web development (e.g., HTML, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap framework) and content management systems.
- Post production editing of video and audio production within established timeframes and budgets.
- Candidates must legally be eligible to work in Canada.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience in member and volunteer driven organizations are strong assets.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter in either French or English telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team at Canadian Parents for French, National.
Send to Cathy Stone at email@example.com by end of day July 30, 2020. Please indicate “Virtual Projects Coordinator” in the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled between August 4th and 7th, 2020. Ideally start date is August 17th, 2020. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Canadian Parents for French is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Canadian Parents for French is a nationwide, research-informed, volunteer organization that represents 23,000 members across Canada.
Working as part of a small team in Ottawa, we believe in collaboration, communication, and working together to meet goals. If you’re looking for an organization that supports its staff while making a big difference, your search is over.
The National office supports 11 provincial and territorial Branches and Offices across Canada, who directly promote and create French second language educational opportunities for youth to learn and use French.
At Canadian Parents for French, we believe the ability to communicate in more than one language fosters creative, empathetic and adaptive people who access far-reaching opportunities and enhance the social and economic prosperity of our country. Canada has an enviable capacity to ensure that upcoming generations develop this ability in both official languages. We work to ensure that all learners have the opportunity, support and motivation to learn and use French.